Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Sunshine "You're Tweet" Masculine card




I think this turned out to be the cutest card to tell my husband I'm thinking of him!  He works midnights and I like to sneak a card into his duffel before he leaves for work from time to time.  He usually finds it sometime during the night when we're sleeping.  It's important to me to let him know how much I love him and how important he is to me.  I know his work schedule is hard on him (and our marriage and our family).  Not only does he have to work the graveyard shift, but some of the responsibilities he has for his job requires him to work days as well, which means 16 hour shifts and LOTS of lost sleep!  He needs to know how appreciated he is for how hard he works to take care of our family!  And I'm always looking for cute masculine cards that also appeal to me.  And this card is certainly appealing.



I used our adorable Stamp of the Month - My Sunshine.  If you haven't ordered yours today, you only have until the end of the month!  The Stamps of the Month are exclusive stamps only available during their particular month.  Once the month is over, they're gone!  I have seen so much beautiful artwork with this stamp - and I have a crop coming up this Saturday.  (over 12 hours of uninterrupted creating, I'm getting more excited the closer it gets!!)  Look for more artwork next week.  But you should make sure you get yours before it's too late!

For this card I used the papers from our Buzz and Bumble paper pack.  I love how striking and masculine this card turned out to be. 

I got the pattern from page 43 of Make It From Your Heart, the Close To My Heart pattern program.  If you don't have it yet, please, please, please get it.  It's fantastic!  It has scrap booking and card patterns.  It gives you final measurements for the projects and gives adorable completed projects to showcase how you might use the designs.  But you know - you're only limited by your imagination.  I love using Make It From Your Heart when I want to be creative, but I have a time crunch or my munchkins aren't being cooperative.  It's easy to use, easy to understand and only 48 pages, so it conveniently tucks everywhere without taking up a lot of space - leaving more room for creating.

Hope you like it as much as I liked making it!




No comments:

Post a Comment