Thursday, October 11, 2012

My favorite things Thursday!






Craft heaters!!

These hand-held dynamos are great for all sorts of crafting needs.  But handle with care, because these little guys heat up fast and stay super-hot for a while!

Here's just a few things you can do with your craft heater...

~Speed up the drying time on Liquid Glass.
~Speed up the drying time on Pigment Inks
~Emboss!!

I use mine almost exclusively to emboss.  I love adding dimension to my projects without going "full splash".  (You know those projects where they threw everything in there - including the kitchen sink?  Not my kinda dimension.)  Embossing adds the right amount of flash.  And if I'm feeling in a particularly embellishing mood, I can add sparkles or opaques to my embellished pieces (see my *Wicked* Halloween card!).

Embossing does take some practice to get the right technique down.  So don't get discouraged if your stamped image looks pretty scary the first few times you do it.  Just keep at it and pretty soon, Hallmark will be knocking down your door.  (Just kidding.  That's just a minor fantasy of mine.)  Enjoy!

Theresa
Collect. Create. Contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment